Urschel has long offered targeted cutting solutions to the global community of leading food processors — adapting to the requirements of individual applications and continuing to grow in the company's engineering and manufacturing expertise through each endeavor. As a result of this adaptive cutting technology approach, Urschel introduces a new slicing concept — meet the MicroAdjustable™ Slicing Head (SL-14).
The SL-14 is offered in two styles – one features micro-adjustability (A), while the other features micro-adjustability plus quick-clamping technology (B) to expedite knife changeovers. This 14-station cutting head offers nearly double the capacity of an 8-shoe head. The new design incorporates ideal, carefully crafted spacing of cutting stations to maximize slice engagement. The well-thought-out design carries through to every part and procedure and may limit use, reduce the need, or facilitate use of cut-protection gloves.
In addition to the new SL-14 head, the standard, fully-adjustable slicing head containing an 8-shoe cutting station set-up is also still available.
See the MicroAdjustable Slicing Head (SL-14) PDF brochure here.
Learn more about Model CC here.
NEW MICROADJUSTABLE DESIGN
- Tool-free knife changeovers — with no fasteners or tools needed to remove and reinstall, and proven quick-clamping (patent pending) technology, changeovers are as fast or even faster than an 8-station head.
- 14 identical, ideally-spaced cutting stations maximize slice engagement to amplify productivity — almost double the capacity. Modular block design does not incorporate shims or shoes.
- At 35 lb (16 kg) with built-in lifting handles, the SL-14 is adeptly removed and replaced.
- Stationary (fixed) knife poition — the knife holder and knife edge remain fixed during micro-adjustments and throughout production runs.
- Tool-free knife changeovers - quick-release clamping mechanism (patent pending) expedites changeovers – without tools or fasteners.
- Quick-set slice thickness with a simple turn of the adjustable screws.
- Maintains strict tolerances throughout production runs with the ability to easily micro-adjust slices using top/bottom adjustable screws by flexing the adjustable gate while the knife holder and knife edge remain in a fixed position.
- Fits in place of standard double-ring, double-adjustment heads using self-locking lower ring. No need for any special adapter. Uses standard impeller or new, optional grooved impeller.
- Different knives are available to extend runtimes, and reduce the number of knife changes. Specially crafted sanitary stainless steel knife features increased production longevity through greater durability, corrosive-resistance, and sharpening capability.
- Slice range: While the standard 8-shoe head offers a full-range of slice thickness adjustment up to .500" (12.7 mm), the new SL-14 offers simple, micro-adjustability in a range of .033" (.8 mm).
- Types of Cuts: Two flat adjustable slicing heads are currently available in optimal, precision slice thickness rages:
.060 – .080" (1.5 – 2.0 mm)
.040 – .060" (1.0 – 1.5 mm)
While the ranges listed above represent ideal precision in slicing, due to the flexible, adjustable design of the new SL-14, processors may choose to run in a fully-extended range of slice thickness:
.050 – .083" (1.3 – 2.1 mm)
.030 – .063" (.76 – 1.6 mm)
Additional shapes and shreds in this new style head coming soon!