TranSlicer® 2520 Cutter
TranSlicer® 2520 Cutter
Meet the new TranSlicer® 2520 Cutter
Next Generation of Sanitation
|The 2520 takes the design of the TranSlicer 2510 to the next level. Every facet of the machine focuses on timesaving, therefore cost-saving, sanitation practices.
On average, customers incorporating the TranSlicer 2520 into their production line are saving 25 minutes per washdown/cleaning versus previously owned machines. Elements of the machine aid in visual inspections and assist with hygienic cleaning procedures.
See machine highlights outlined below including the new HMI option to streamline your operation.
More information about the TranSlicer 2520 Cutter.
Contact Urschel to learn more.
View more Urschel slicers.
- Weighing in at an approximate net 2,250 lb (1020 kg), the machine offers a solid design and outstanding performance. The frame features sanitation improvements to deter condensation build-up and bacterial growth.
- Self-draining, angled channel frame eliminates flat surfaces to deter bacterial build-up and ease washdowns. Open bottom design ( 1 ) readily evacuates water and residual waste to ease processing operations.
- Discharge chute ( 2 ) offers optional left or right hinge and may be completely removed from the machine for cleaning.
- Backplate ( 3 ) specially designed with added clearance for washdown assistance and may also be completely removed for cleaning.
- Cutting wheel retention fasteners serve as a built-in wheel rest to ease changeovers ( 4 ); also offer wheel stability to assist in the event of a crash.
- Cutting wheels provide flat/crinkle slices, shreds, or julienne cuts.
- Stainless steel handles are designed for increased sanitation and ease of use.
- Heavy-duty latches are easy to clean and are also removable from the machine for cleaning ( 5 ).
- Built-in handles ( 6 ) simplify opening of product contact guide area to expedite belt changeovers and other procedures.
- Sanitary, stainless steel design. All access with all doors fully opening for complete visual inspection and to ease cleaning and maintenance. Doors may also be completely removed for cleaning.
- Stand-offs minimize lap joints, and are located in optimal positions, including backplate, motors, gear boxes, and casters, to streamline visual inspection and washdowns ( 7 ).
- Durable stainless-steel guard locks designed to open only after the wheel has come to a complete stop ( 8 ).
- Handled, cover support post ( 9 ) readily pivots and glides into position to increase access to product feed belts.
- Solid, stainless steel quick belt release levers expedite changeovers ( 10 ).
- Products guides ( 11 ) offer increased relief by optimal spacing for washdowns and visual inspections.
- Control stations with IP69K button rating are located on both sides of machine to ease operation and washdowns ( 12 ).
- Allen-Bradley® VFD (Variable Frequency Drive) is equipped on stainless steel motors ( 13 ). Motors power the cutting wheel (3 HP, 2.2 kW with brake) and feed belt (1 HP, .75 kW). All motors are IP69K rated.
- Optional fanless motor may be purchased with machine.
- IP69K certified electrical enclosure features a double-sealed door ( 14 ) for extra protection during washdowns.
- Wire routing loops adapt to cleaning procedures ( 15 ). Wire loops allow individual strands to be washed and sanitized to reduce potential bacteria.
- Optional HMI ( 16 ) provides intuitive functions: Programmable recipes ( 17 ) allow the set-up of different cut sizes, speeds, and wheels. Processors benefit from easily switching from one set-up to another. With the HMI option, the machine is still fully operational via push buttons.
- Clearly identifies guards that are open ( 18 ) or not effectively engaged, and implements alarms to alert operators, supervisors, and maintenance staff when a guard is not effectively engaged. Alarm history can be exported and evaluated to maintain safe operation.
- Visual representation of VFDs ( 19 ) with indications of fault codes without having to open the electrical enclosure.
- Optional remote start and stop. Integrates with VNC viewers to work remotely from a control center. Rockwell Automation® components utilized for seamless integration into upper level SCADA systems.
- Customizable timers alert users if a programmed amount of time has passed with the machine running, and allows for a programmable shutdown ( 20 ).
- Stores valuable data for export and analysis including trending of amperage for potential overfeeding issues.
- HMI may be set up in different languages.
- TranSlicer 2520 Cutter applications, machine specifications, and more
® Allen-Bradley and Rockwell Automation are a registered trademarks of Rockwell Automation.
The machine is available in several different builds including this short frame version. Advantages of the short frame: takes up less production space, wider expanse at the base of the feed belt area to assist in product feeding, and is available at a lower cost versus the standard longer version. Learn more about the TranSlicer 2520 Cutter - Short Frame.